Thanks for registering for ChannelOne.com!
Please check your email - we've sent you a link that you'll need to click to confirm your account. If you don't see the email right away, give it a few minutes, then check your spam or junk-mail folder. In the meantime, you're signed in and can continue using ChannelOne.com
|| SVP of Cross-Platform Sponsorship and Advertising Sales
||NYC – Midtown West
SVP Cross-Platform Sponsorship and Advertising Sales
About Channel One News
Channel One, LLC, a ZelnickMedia company, is a digital content provider focused on encouraging young people to be informed, digital-savvy global citizens. The Company’s primary offering, Channel One News is a daily news program with supplementary educational resources, aligned to Common Core State Standards (CCSS), to help students, teachers and parents interpret the news of the day and spark important, real world conversations. The award-winning Channel One News program is broadcast to more than 5 million young people in upper elementary schools, middle schools and high schools across the country. Channel One News is also available in two new, sponsorship-free forms: via subscription, and through Channel One News mobile apps. Visit the Webby award-winning website Channelone.com to learn more.
- Implement sales initiatives directed primarily at key advertisers, including their planning & buying agencies.
- Structure, negotiate and close all deals.
- Manage a national team and outside offices of advertising sales and sponsorship professionals, enable broader and deeper opportunities for clients to align with Channel One News against key creative initiatives.
- Develop cross platform sponsorship/advertising/marketing proposals that will increase revenue for Channel One News, across digital, television and mobile platforms
- Create sales and marketing presentations that distinctively communicate Channel One News’ benefits to each targeted client.
- Reinforce and expand Channel One’s brand equity within the digital advertising marketplace.
- Focus on building and maintaining strong relationships with the important decision makers throughout the selling process: buying and selling team, planning personnel, account management, and clients.
- Experience in business and category development and executing sound sales strategies and tactics aimed at national advertisers across key business categories, with an emphasis on the digital space and television.
- Experience as a strategist who can articulate the benefits and relevancy of digital programming content with client’s business and/or marketing objectives.
- A consultative seller with creative marketing ideas and plans for effective implementation.
- Existing relationship base of key decision makers at a variety of agencies and clients.
- Creativity and perseverance to develop the digital business over the long term.
- Self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can flexibly adapt to the needs of the marketplace.
- A solid understanding of digital analytics, syndicated research, target audiences and clients’ goals necessary to customize a strategic marketing approach that will win new business.
- A thorough understanding of advertisers and ad agencies and how they operate, with the ability to develop strong relationships at all levels of the digital media decision process.
- Possess a reputation for being an enthusiastic, energetic, effective networker who enjoys the selling process and is committed to building relationships and credibility for the network.
- A strong customer focus coupled with a sense of urgency for the business and a passion for delivering the highest level of client service.
- A creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is able to continually find new ways to support a client’s business.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with an impressive personal presence.
- Experience developing and selling multi-screen sales programs.
- 5 years sales management experience, leading a segment of business in excess of $10 million.
Please submit resumes and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.