The Role: Education Content Producer
The Education Content Producer is a key member of the Education Team. The Education Content Producer is responsible for developing all curriculum materials and educational resources that support the daily show, provide standards-aligned resources for educators, and extend learning for tens of thousands of students across the country each day.
Education Team members work closely with the show producers and anchors, the website producers and writers, and the curriculum sales and marketing staff. This team also works in an iterative process to continually evolve and improve the product and ensure that Channel One students are news-aware, media-literate, global citizens.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Create curricular content such as interactive activities and lessons, associated with daily show topics
- Develop daily quizzes, discussion prompts, vocabulary activities and writing prompts to deepen engagement with news programming.
- Ensure that content materials integrate critical thinking and reading comprehension strategies with core content.
- Align content materials to CCSS, national and state standards.
- Develop materials for partner programming and brainstorm product offerings for partner content.
- Collect requirements for new interactive materials and apps including designing storyboards, wireframes and mock-ups for new content.
- Produce content using designated technology tools. Learn new technologies as needed, and stay on top of cutting-edge tools for education.
- Help develop and adhere to processes and schedules for developing and producing daily and longer-term content
- Respond to feedback and work within editorial and production rounds.
- Write, produce and deliver webinars and other professional development materials.
- Write, edit and deliver blog postings and curate educational web content.
- Help recruit educators to advisory boards, seek formal and informal feedback from customers, engage in classroom visits and focus groups.
- Work iteratively with show producers, web producers and writers, other members of the Education team, and senior staff, on all aspects of product development and planning.
- Stay current in pedagogical theory and best practices, core content, educational technology, and instructional design.
Your Experience >>The ideal candidate has:
- Two to five plus years developing product for the K-12 market, including experience in educational technology
- A minimum of three years classroom teaching (teaching with technology a big plus!)
- Played a key role in developing educational technology or news-related/media-literacy products and has a track record of products or user experiences to show for it
- Strong creative ability to develop lesson plans and activities around current events programming
- Excellent editing, writing and communication skills. Has written and edited content for online education products.
- Comfort with social media. A history of blogging is preferred.
- Experience correlating curriculum materials to national and state standards
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to be detailed and organized; as well as cool, kind, and casual under daily pressure
- A BA or higher in K-12 education or in secondary education in math or science. An MA in Education preferred.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment with fixed deadlines and a high quality bar
- Experience with Photoshop and PowerPoint (helpful, not required)
- Video editing skills (helpful, but not required)
We are looking for someone who is organized, process-oriented, driven, creative, collaborative, flexible, and awesome!
How to Apply:
Don’t walk, but RUN to your keyboard and email email@example.com. Send a cover letter explaining why you would be great for this job, along with your resume. This position begins ASAP and comes with a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a great brand, and a fun and collaborative work environment. We look forward to hearing from you.