If you’re a teenager and you drink, you’re doing something illegal that has the potential to do serious injury to yourself and to others.
If you suspect someone has alcohol poisoning, be aware of the danger of death signs:
- If your friend is breathing abnormally or stops breathing for period of 10 seconds or more
- If your friend is asleep and can’t be awakened
- If your friend’s skin is cold, clammy, pale, or bluish in color
This is life or death emergency and you should call 911 immediately.
While waiting for EMS to arrive, take the following steps:
- Turn your friend on his/her side to prevent choking
- Keep your friend awake and warm
- Don’t walk your friend around or give him/her food, liquid, or medicine
- Don’t give your friend a cold shower
- Stay with your friend and check breathing
- Use CPR if your friend stops breathing
Source: Mothers against Drunk Driving