ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF DREAM MAKEOVER SWEEPSTAKES
THE “ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF DREAM MAKEOVER Sweepstakes” (“SWEEPSTAKES”) BEGINS SEPTEMBER 12, 2013 AT 10:00 AM EASTERN TIME AND ENDS OCTOBER 11, 2013 AT 6:00 PM EASTERN TIME (“SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. NEITHER A PURCHASE NOR USE OF THE NINTENDO 3DS/ANIMAL CROSSING GAME NOR SUBMITTING A BEDROOM MAKEOVER DESIGN IMPROVES YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
Sponsor: Channel One, LLC (“Channel One”) is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. Nintendo of America Inc. (“Nintendo”) is not a sponsor or administrator of the Sweepstakes.
1. Online Entry Period: To enter the Sweepstakes, starting on September 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) until 6:00 PM ET on October 11, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”), complete the entry form found on the official registration page located at http://www.channelone.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf-dream-makeover/ (the “Sweepstakes Site”). On-screen instructions will prompt you to and you must provide your first and last name, mailing address, date of birth, telephone number and email address. Entries must be received by Channel One by 6:00 PM ET on October 11, 2013.
Automated or robotic entries will be disqualified. Limit of one (1) entry per person/email address per day of the Sweepstakes Period; additional entries will be disregarded and void. Channel One is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damages, incomplete, and/or incorrect entries.
2. Eligibility: Open only to legal U.S. residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam The U.S. Virgin Islands and any other possession and/or territory not expressly eligible) and the District of Columbia, who are at least 13 years of age and no older than 18 years of age by September 12, 2013. Channel One, Nintendo and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes and/or win a prize. IF YOU ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE BUT UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR HOME STATE, GET PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, any possession and/or other territory not expressly eligible and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a Nintendo 3DS XL video game system, one Animal Crossing: New Leaf video game, and an Animal Crossing-themed bedroom makeover (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize will be awarded as a shipment of home goods (e.g., pillows, wall decals, bedding) inspired by the rooms of Animal Crossing, including the room design submitted by the winner, if any. The ARV of the Grand Prize shall not exceed $4,800.00 and may vary depending on the specific home goods included.
Four (4) First Prize Winners will each receive one (1) Nintendo Prepaid Card valued at $50.00, for use in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS or Wii U systems.
NINTENDO, NINTENDO 3DS AND ANIMAL CROSSING are trademarks of Nintendo.
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES: $5,000.00
Any gift cards awarded are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Channel One reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents a good faith determination by Channel One and such determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. The Sweepstakes Entities makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. The Sweepstakes Entities will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Any and all taxes (including but not limited to federal, state, local, sales and income tax) and other unspecified expenses in connection with the prize are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. A Form 1099 will be issued to the Grand Prize Winner. No transfers, substitution in prizes or cash will be allowed except by Channel One, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole or absolute discretion. Upon delivery of the prize, Channel One will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner with the winner assuming full ownership and responsibility for the prize. If the actual value of any prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only.
5. Winner Selection: Each winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about October 12, 2013 to be conducted by Channel One’s designated representatives, whose decisions are final. The Grand Prize and four First Prizes will be delivered by April 4, 2014. If the Grand Prize is not claimed and delivered on or prior to April 4, 2014, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner. Prizes are not transferable. Potential winners will be notified by email on or about the date of selection. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner must accept a prize within five (5) business days of notification by either email or telephone as directed by Channel One. Each potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in his/her home state, the potential prize winner’s parent or legal guardian, may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and, where legal, release of liability/publicity and other documents required by Channel One or its designee (“Release Documents”) within three (3) business days of receipt of the Release Documents. Any winner notification not responded to, the failure to return Release Documents, properly completed and signed within the referenced timeline, or the return of Release Documents as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner being selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Channel One is not responsible, and may disqualify an entrant, if the entrant’s email does not work or if entrant’s email or street address, as applicable, is changed after entry. Upon receipt of the Release Documents and winner verification and confirmation (including satisfaction of the conditions to receiving the Grand Prize as provided in these Rules and in the Release Documents) in Channel One’s sole discretion, a potential Grand Prize Winner will be designated the Grand Prize Winner.
All winners must comply with all instructions in the prize notification correspondence, including the completion of Release Documents, and return them within three (3) business days of the date on the prize notification correspondence as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Rules; otherwise prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute, and will be conditioned upon, permission for Channel One and Nintendo to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, voice, signature, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited.
6. General Conditions: There is no purchase or payment required to participate. Neither a purchase nor payment nor use of a Nintendo 3DS nor Animal Crossing game nor submission of a bedroom design will increase your chances of winning. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the state of New York. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrant agrees that: a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the State of New York; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New York, for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Only one (1) prize per person per household per email address awarded. The Sweepstakes is not to be used in connection with any form of gambling. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the 48 contiguous United States and shall not be delivered to any P.O. Boxes. All taxes, fees, surcharges, and any costs/expenses not explicitly set forth as Channel One’s responsibility are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If prize is forfeited, an additional drawing at random from eligible entries will be made to determine a winner. If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available without further liability to the Sweepstakes Entities. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
By participating, entrants and winners and their respective parents and legal guardians if minors agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
The Sweepstakes Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property in connection with the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded. Neither Channel One nor Nintendo makes any representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. No lost or stolen prize items will be replaced by Channel One or Nintendo.
7. Conduct: By entering any of the Sweepstakes, entrants and/or their parents or legal guardians (if they are a minor) agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at the Sweepstakes Site throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Channel One, which are final and binding in all respects. Channel One reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes Site or any website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CHANNEL ONE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Sweepstakes Entities are not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or to any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Channel One which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Channel One reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the “authorized account holder” of the email address submitted at the time of registration. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Channel One with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Channel One’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
9. Winner’s List: To obtain a mailed copy of the winner’s list or a copy of the Official Rules by mail, send the applicable request and a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to Channel One at ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF DREAM MAKEOVER Sweepstakes, c/o Channel One, LLC at 345 7th Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10001 New York, NY 10001. Request must be received no later than November 1, 2013 for the name of the winner and by September 30, 2013 for a copy of the Official Rules. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
10. Sponsor: Channel One, LLC at 345 7th Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10001.