Thanks for registering for ChannelOne.com!
Please check your email - we've sent you a link that you'll need to click to confirm your account. If you don't see the email right away, give it a few minutes, then check your spam or junk-mail folder. In the meantime, you're signed in and can continue using ChannelOne.com
|| A/R Manager
||New York, NY
Channel One News, a daily 12-minute newscast seen by about 6 million teens in high schools and middle schools around the country, is looking for a skilled and experienced A/R Manager. The A/R Manager will manage the daily operations and strategic objectives of the Company’s accounts receivable cycle through design, implementation, maintenance and management of all accounts receivable business functions and procedures for the Accounts Receivable credit and collection process. The incumbent will report directly to the CFO.
- Overseeing and performing customer billing and cash receipts processing.
- Proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Support Management by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information and other ad hoc reporting as requested
- Assure timely collection of monies due.
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing
- Establish credit and collection policies and make recommendations to improve cash flow
- Implement a work flow to handle incoming orders through the entire AR credit process and manage same
- Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments
- Reconciliation of cash receipts to banking and reporting of any variances
- Implement use of Great Plains AR and Deferred Revenue modules
- Participate in month-end close, specifically in ensuring all monthly revenue both realized and deferred is recognized properly, reconciled with accounting, and that all AR sub-ledgers and general ledger reconcile to bank and related balance sheet schedules
- Collaborate with sales when necessary and implement an account review process to improve collection process
- Manage DSO and related goals on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Assist in implementation of Order Entry system
- BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or a commensurate level of directly related experience
- Five years experience in credit/collections with responsibility for direct customer contact.
- One or more years of leadership experience included
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment for accounts receivable transactions and activities
- Must be experienced in and able to demonstrate proficiency with computerized accounts receivable software applications Well-developed analytic and problem solving skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time