|Location||NYC – Midtown West|
Digital Journalist / Reporter (Full-time – New York City)
Channel One News – the newscast seen by more than 5 million teens in schools around the country – is seeking a talented, enthusiastic digital reporter to cover domestic and international news stories in a creative, compelling and fun way.
A Channel One digital journalist / reporter does it all – pitch, produce, shoot, write, edit and appear on camera. Our digital journalists have the opportunity to travel the world, cover breaking news, and produce magazine-style features and series.
This position is both a producer/shooter for other on-camera correspondents, as well as the opportunity to appear on camera as a one-man-band reporter.
- Generate story pitches and participate in editorial process from start to end when time permits
- Set up write, shoot and edit breaking news and feature stories with other correspondents or as a one-man-band reporter
- Report on camera for day of air stories, which includes pitching, rewriting and re-editing footage
Skills / Requirements:
o Strong production, writing and broadcast skills
o Solid news judgment and awareness of current events
o Creative story-telling abilities and understanding of story arc
o Assertive booking skills and ability to identify compelling characters
o Attention to detail and accuracy
o Proficiency in DV shooting (Sony Z5 or equivalent) both on tripod and handheld
o Proficiency in camera audio, including multiple microphone set-up
o Basic knowledge of lighting for formal interview settings, as well as run-and-gun situations
o Proficiency in desktop editing
o Basic understanding of FTP systems
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Flexibility with hours is essential – this is a Sunday through Thursday work (no dash)week
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience plus 2-5 years’ experience in video news production and on-air required.
Please send your resume, CV and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.