|Title||HR Intern (Unpaid Credit)|
|Location||NYC – Midtown West|
Course-Credit Bearing (Unpaid)
Our mission at Channel One News is to encourage students to be informed, digital-savvy global citizens. We are a Peabody and Telly award-winning program broadcast to nearly 5 million young people across the country. Our daily broadcast and supplementary educational materials are aligned to Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and designed to help students, teachers and parents interpret the news and spark important conversations.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.channelone.com.
We currently have exciting opportunity for project-based summer internships (unpaid) as outlined below ( course-credit):
Human Resources Intern
The Human Resources Intern will support the generalist human resource function by assisting in short-term projects including human resources information including employment recordkeeping, administrative duties, soft recruiting, benefits management, research, etc. The intern will gain understanding through ad-hoc projects to learn about the field of human resources. You would support the HR Generalist in a variety of tasks so that you can gain exposure to corporate HR functions.
Support the facilitation of daily HR operations including, but not limited to:
- Facilitate document maintenance and file retention processes for off-site disposition and electronic access. Maintains HR files according to legal and retention requirements, always maintaining confidentiality of information, documents, files, etc.
- Reviewing and assisting in the updating of HR policies and documentation
- Benefits management, enrollment and terminations
- Assisting in Recruitment efforts to fill open positions
- Exposure to payroll computations and administration under supervision
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Candidates should be working toward masters degree in human resource management, industrial organizational psychology, business, or a related field. We may also consider students who are completing their final year towards a bachelors degree.
- Demonstrated ability to research, review and gather information from various sources relating to workforce issues.
1. Essential Use of Following Tools:
2. Essential Training/Certifications:
3. Essential Skills/Knowledge:
4. Essential Mental Requirements:
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com directly.