Job Description: Performance Marketing Analyst
Channel One News is seeking a Manager, Customer Acquisition to join the Company. This person will be responsible for all SEM campaigns across all acquisition channels, primarily focusing on teachers and parents.
The Manager, Customer Acquisition will develop, execute, and allocate budget across campaigns to acquire high lifetime value customers. Success in this role will require data analysis, creative ad development and copywriting, budget optimization, partner coordination, and intuition about consumer preferences and media consumption.
Ideal candidates will already have experience in marketing for a consumer retail or e-commerce business. We will also accept candidates with a track record coordinating complex projects in other domains. We are looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves operator, who thrives in detail and analysis and strives for continuous improvement.
This is a high visibility role with the opportunity to have a direct and immediate impact on the business.
- Own and execute on Channel One News’ customer acquisition program across all channels.
- Help define a social media strategy for customer acquisition
- Prospect for media placement opportunities (across the acquisition email, search, online display advertising and online lead generation) that fulfill the company’s stated volume and margin targets for new customer acquisition
- Manage logistics of deployment schedules for all online acquisition campaigns, coordinating, as appropriate, with other internal teams
- Identify and execute cost-effective strategies to acquire high lifetime value customers.
- Maximize channel ROI, ensuring acquired customers meet objectives for overall revenue and volume, and purchases within key categories.
- Collaborate with internal development, content and curriculum teams to produce campaigns and landing pages where necessary.
- Identify and coordinate with potential marketing partners, including Facebook, Edmodo, and other relevant platform companies to execute ad buys across channels.
- Effectively communicate the Channel One News brand and product portfolio across campaigns and creative.
- Expertise in a variety of online marketing channels – affiliate marketing, content marketing, social media marketing
- Sophisticated user and early adopter of social media products.
- Strong knowledge of SEM optimization and metrics
- 3-6 years of experience in a campaign management capacity in Internet Advertising and Marketing, Consumer E-commerce, and/or Direct Response Marketing.
- Familiarity with online advertising media and fundamentals (including acquisition email, search, online display advertising, and online lead generation)
- Strong negotiating skills with a commanding phone presence
- Strong partnership development and relationship-building skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills (with a high level of proficiency with MS Excel and working knowledge of Omniture or related tool)
- Four-year degree required; degree in MIS, Marketing or general Business preferred.
- Proven track record of moving quickly and delivering results in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly analytical, with deep understanding of cohort analysis and customer acquisition metrics including LTV, CPC, CPA, and payback period.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing and creative, copy, and landing page development.
- Defend all opinions with data and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write SQL queries and manipulate data is a plus.