This role is expected to advance the company’s insight with respect to television, digital and social media as it relates to our three key constituencies—advertisers, parents and students. As such, this position requires knowledge of media math and the ability to organize and analyze data from syndicated sources, primary sources, as well as identify and provide strategic direction on research needs in an evolving cross platform landscape.
This person will manage and research vendors, implement questionnaire design, focus group moderation and/or implementation, online survey tools, and both organize and analyze data from syndicated sources for both television and digital. Additional responsibilities include contributing to a fast-growing company with a creative, self-starter attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have 3 years focusing on web analytics/reporting and ratings/trending experience
- Must be detail-oriented and shows initiative to be self-directed
- Experience in the digital-media/broadcasting/television industry highly preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills; excellent organizational skills
- MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word- with high level of proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Access databases.
- Working knowledge of the following applications: Kantar Media, Nielsen Galaxy Explorer, IMS, MEMRI
- Must have thorough understanding of Nielsen ratings data, MRI, TRU and other syndicated research. Manage relationships and agreements with research vendors such as Nielsen, OTX, MDR, Research Now, Mai and Kantar.
- Able to provide ratings strategy and understand media-related math
- Experience compiling reports to track digital delivery and audience measurement
- Run and analyze syndicated and Nielsen Ratings data to support sales and other departments.
- Assist and manage various other projects and proprietary research studies executed throughout the year.
- Writing customized in-depth analysis of advertising campaigns including online media, search campaigns, social metrics, mobile metrics, and web analytics that highlight campaign strengths and weaknesses, performance, return on investment, optimizations, etc.
- Analyzing results and providing actionable insights based on campaign performance.
- Presenting campaign results to client and working with TMP media planners, account teams, and digital strategists to make recommendations on future plans.
- Interacting with account teams to ensure that campaigns are meeting client expectations and campaign goals are met.
- Collaborate, create and build sales and marketing materials to support ad supported and subscription based services.
- Present research findings and collaborate directly with clients when required in support of business units.
- Develop Online surveys against multiple target markets, including parents, teachers and students
- Work with sales team and/or marketing to determine the need for data that does not exist in traditional syndicated studies (MRI/TRU).
- Design and program online questionnaires using online survey tools such as QuestionPro/Survey Monkey.
- Monitor sample quotas and completed questionnaires as recruited by a third party recruiter, code and analyze data.
- Work with marketing to incorporate findings into sales presentations, client specific reports and one-sheets.
- Recommend white papers for team to read. Manage and study client and proprietary research. as Nielsen, OTX, MDR, Research Now, Mai and Kantar.
- Ability to present complex concepts and data analyses results in a clear and effective manner
- Qualities of a self-starter and be a fast learner with the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- The ability to manage multiple priorities in an ever changing environment and meet deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel & MS Access
- Experience with 3rd party ad serving technology (e.g. DoubleClick)
- Google Analytics certification or equivalent experience; Ooyala experience a plus
- Knowledge of social metrics (i.e. facebook & youtube insights)
- Strong quantitative skills and proven ability to manage requests in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, including experience presenting complex subjects in a concise and easy to understand fashion
- Ability and willingness to analyze and interpret large datasets
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced dynamic environment with limited oversight