Channel One Daily News Quiz:
1. Based on what you heard and saw, what can you reasonably infer?
a. All FIFA officials are involved in the scandal.
b. FIFA’s president knew nothing about the bribes and kickbacks.
c. Investigators have identified all of those who accepted bribes and kickbacks.
d. Investigators suspect that bribery led to Russia being awarded the 2018 World Cup.
2. Why does the India segment include the following detail?
“Only one third of those have access to electricity and air conditioners.”
a. to suggest that the heat wave will end soon
b. to illustrate how most people are escaping the heat
c. to help explain why the heat wave has been so deadly
d. to support claims about how to stay safe in the heat wave
3. According to the segment, what is a concern in Texas?
a. a dam could break
b. a volcano could erupt
c. a mudslide could occur
d. a sinkhole could appear
4. According to the segment, parts of which area still face food shortages?
c. the Caribbean
d. Latin America
5. How much of Biscayne National Park is underwater?
a. 25 percent
b. 50 percent
c. 95 percent
d. 100 percent
1. d; 2. c; 3. a; 4. b; 5. c