School is back in session, labor day has passed, and the air is turning crisp…fall is here. But this weekend, I went to a food festival that featured some of the best food trucks in NYC (The Vendy Awards) – and the one truck that I went back to again…and again? (O.K….one of the many trucks I went back to again and again…) The truck handing out Popsicles.
So I say heck – I know it’s fall…but before things get really cold, let’s enjoy a few more Popsicles.
So here are 5 of my favorite variations of frozen fruit on a stick! Go crazy and create your own — just try to use real fruit and avoid adding extra sugar!
- Ditch the juice and rely on straight up fruit to flavor up those pops! Here’s an awesome and super gorgeous looking full fruit Popsicle recipe that has watermelon, kiwi and berries!
- Craving more of a creamsicle situation? Try using yogurt! Here’s a classic orange creamsicle recipe. And my personal favorite – cherry cream pops!
- How about just sticking a piece of fruit on a stick, dipping it in chocolate, freezing it, and boom – instant Popsicle!! This recipe uses Kiwi… but I am so wanting to try banana and strawberry.
- O.K. so clearly I like chocolate… so why not turn that Popsicle into the Fudgesicle variety? I love this version that uses coconut milk as the base and bananas as the sweetener!
- Why should fruit get all the attention?! Try tossing some veggies into the Popsicle mix! Here’s a strawberry smoothie pop with some hidden spinach!
You’re turn: what’s your favorite way to eat fruit on a stick?