The UNOS Organ Center is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, to facilitate organ sharing among transplant centers, organ procurement organizations and histocompatibility laboratories across the U.S. The primary functions of the Organ Center are to:
- Assist in placing donated organs for transplantation
- Assist in gathering donor information and running the donor/recipient computer matching process
- Assist with transportation of organs and tissues for the purposes of transplantation
- Act as a resource to the transplant community regarding organ-sharing policies
- Each organ and tissue donor saves or improves the lives of as many as 50 people. Giving the “Gift of Life” may lighten the grief of the donor’s own family. Many donor families say that knowing other lives have been saved helps them cope with their tragic loss. This site provides information about all aspects of organ donation and transplants.
The Children’s Organ Transplant Association (COTA) helps children and young adults who need or have had a life-saving transplant by providing fundraising assistance and family support.
What began as a local endeavor has evolved into an organization benefiting thousands of organ and tissue transplant candidates and recipients. NFT’s fundraising campaigns have generated more than $56 million to assist patients during their transplant journey, and NFT assists more than 1,000 patients. They organization offers assistance to bone marrow and solid organ transplant patients in all 50 states and U.S. territories.
NTAF is the largest service organization for transplant patients in the United States. They have helped patients and families nationwide raise more than $64 million for out-of-pocket medical expenses. This is a nonprofit organization that helps transplant patients fundraise for the uninsured medical and medically-related expenses associated with their care — including donor expenses.
Driving for Donors began in 2007 as a nationwide event where 12-year-old Pat and his family traveled around the country in a special “Donormobile.” They worked work with The National Marrow Donor Program, The Marrow Foundation, law enforcement departments, local donor centers and businesses and the media to host successful donor drives in over 30 major cities.
Be The Match offers people the unique opportunity to help a patient in need by donating bone marrow or umbilical cord blood
Organ Transplant Coach, Robert Scalan
Robert Scalan is a Life and Transitions Coach who also works with patients and families who are going through the organ donation and transplant process. He has many resources for patients and families in need of support before, during and after receiving an organ transplant. Read testimonials for a complete understanding of his coaching and support groups.
The Heartland Lions Eye Bank is a program of the Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation with the mission to preserve and restore sight. HLEB retrieves, processes and distributes the highest quality donor eye tissue to corneal surgeons.