This month may be all about carnations, candy and crushes–but how about some kindness?
Established in 1995, The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation is a nonprofit organization that inspires people to practice kindness and to pass it on to others.
Which is (you guessed it) where you come in: From February 10-16, the organization is celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Week. Want to step out of your comfort zone and attempt a few random acts of kindness?
We’ve got a few ideas for you:
1. Open the door for someone
2. Cook dinner for your family
3. Smile at one new person a day
4. Eat lunch with someone new
5. Thank your bus driver
6. Organize a custodian appreciation day by writing thank you letters and signs
7. Give someone a compliment
8. Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter
9. Walk your neighbor’s dog
10. Shovel a neighbor’s driveway or sidewalk
11. Write a positive tweet/comment/blog post online
12. Surprise a neighbor with a basket of baked goods
13. Give a friend a hug
14. Send your parents a sweet text
15. Buy someone a coffee
No act of kindness is too small or goes unappreciated. YOU make the difference.
If you participate in Random Acts of Kindness Week this year, use #RAKweek to tag your social posts and share your good deeds with us — and the world!