THE “SMART MONEY SWEEPSTAKES” (“SWEEPSTAKES”) BEGINS FEBRUARY 10, 2010 AT 10:00 AM EASTERN TIME AND ENDS APRIL 30, 2010 AT 6:00 PM EASTERN TIME (“SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sponsor: FINRA Investor Education Foundation (“Sponsor”) is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. Channel One, LLC (“Administrator”) is the administrator of the Sweepstakes and is responsible for the fulfillment of the prizes. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to any Sweepstakes.
Automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organization will be disqualified. Limitation: You can enter only once; additional entries will be disregarded.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal U.S. residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam and The U.S. Virgin Islands) and the District of Columbia 13 years of age or older. Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. ENTRANTS UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE SHOULD GET PERMISSION FROM THEIR PARENTS OR GUARDIANS TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. Void In Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Privacy: Personal information that you provide in connection with this Sweepstakes will be used solely to contact you if you are a potential winner or for other administration activities of the Sweepstakes. It will not be shared with any third parties, except as required by law.
4. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about May 5, 2010 to be conducted by Administrator designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by email. Potential winner must accept a prize within three (3) business days of notification by either email or telephone as directed by Administrator. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner shall be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in their state, the potential prize winner’s parent or guardian, may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and, where legal, release of liability/publicity within seven (7) days of receipt. In the event of non-compliance within this time period, an alternate winner will be selected. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted, provided that, if a prize is unavailable, Administrator may substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value. Administrator is not responsible, and may disqualify an entrant, if the entrant’s email does not work or if entrant’s email or street address, as applicable, is changed after entry.
Three (3) Grand prize winners will each receive one (1) 13″ MacBook ® Pro with AppleCare Protection Plan. Additional terms and conditions from manufacturer may also apply. Each Grand Prize: $1,576.51approximate retail value (“ARV”).
Apple, Inc. is not a sponsor or participant in this promotion and makes no endorsement, either express or implied, in connection with this promotion. MacBook® is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. All rights reserved.
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES: $4,729.53
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator will replace any lost or stolen prize items.
6. General Conditions: There is no purchase required to participate. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the state of New York. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrant agrees that: a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the State of New York; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New York, for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Only one (1) prize per person per household per email address awarded. The Sweepstakes is not to be used in connection with any form of gambling. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the United States and shall not be delivered to any P.O. Boxes. All taxes, fees, surcharges, and any costs/expenses not explicitly set forth as Sponsor’s responsibility are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If prize is forfeited, an additional drawing at random from eligible entries will be made to determine a winner. If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available without further liability to the Sweepstakes Entities. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
Except where prohibited by law, each winner (and parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission for Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, and those acting under its authority to use such winner’s name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notice, review, approval, or additional compensation. Entrants further agree that Sweepstakes Entities will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants (and parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) against, any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any prize-related activity, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, and merchandise delivery. The Sweepstakes Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property in connection with the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded. Administrator makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Administrator will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
7. Conduct: By entering any of the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at the Sweepstakes Site throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects. Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry processor the operations to any of the Sweepstakes or any website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or to any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or Administrator which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the “authorized account holder” of the email address submitted at the time of registration. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Administrator with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Administrator’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
9. Winner’s List: To obtain a mailed copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules by mail, send the applicable request and self-address, stamped, #10 envelope to Administrator at Smart Money Sweepstakes, c/o Channel One, LLC at 151 West 26th Street New York, NY 10001. Request must be received no later than August 1, 2010 for the name of the winner and by May 31, 2010 for a copy of the Official Rules. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
10. Sponsor: FINRA Investor Education Foundation 1735 K Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20006-1506. Administrator: Channel One, LLC at 151 West 26th Street New York, NY 10001