THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE MOVIE SCREENING SWEEPSTAKES
THE “THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE MOVIE SCREENING SWEEPSTAKES” (“SWEEPSTAKES”) BEGINS on October 28, 2013 AT 10:00 AM EASTERN TIME AND ENDS November 10, 2013 AT 6:00 PM EASTERN TIME (“SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Online Entry Period: To enter the Sweepstakes, starting on October 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) until 6:00 PM ET on November 10, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”), complete the entry form found on the official registration page located at http://www.channelone.com/hunger-games-catching-fire-sweepstakes/ (the “Sweepstakes Site”). On-screen instructions will prompt you to and you must provide your first and last name, email address, mailing address, date of birth, telephone number and email address. Enter online as often as you like during the Sweepstake Period, but automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations are not permitted and will be disqualified. Entries must be received by Channel One by 6:00 PM ET on November 10, 2013. Channel One is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damages, incomplete, and/or incorrect entries.
2. Eligibility: Open only to legal U.S. residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam The U.S. Virgin Islands and any other possession and/or territory not expressly eligible) and the District of Columbia, who are at least thirteen (13) years of age and no older than twenty-five (25) years of age by October 28, 2013. Channel One, LLC (“Channel One”), Lions Gate Films Inc. (“Lions Gate”), Doctor’s Associates, Inc. (“Subway”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes and/or win a prize. IF YOU ARE AT LEAST THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE BUT UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR HOME STATE, GET PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, any possession and/or other territory not expressly eligible and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
One (1) Grand Prize winner will be invited to attend: A private screening (“Screening”) of the motion picture The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and invite up to one hundred fifty (150) guests at a location in or near the winner’s hometown. Food at the screening to be provided by Subway. The specific date, time and location of the screening shall be determined at the sole discretion of Channel One and Lions Gate, but is anticipated to be on or around November 20, 2013. If the Grand Prize winner is not able to attend the screening on the scheduled date, he or she can decline the prize. The winner and the guests at the screening will be seeing a film that is rated PG-13 by the MPAA, so that should be taken into account in compiling the guest list, and if the group includes a minor, then the group must be accompanied by an adult or otherwise attend pursuant to the permission of any such minor’s parent or legal guardian in form and substance acceptable to Channel One and/or Lions Gate in their sole and absolute discretion. In the event that the Grand Prize winner is a minor, the Grand Prize will be awarded in the name of the Grand Prize winner’s parent or legal guardian, who is also required to accompany the minor as a screening guest. Winner and guests must comply with the theater venue’s rules of conduct imposed as part of the screening experience. The Grand Prize winner will also receive one (1) swag bag containing merchandise items related to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $3,050.00.
Ten (10) Runner-Up Winners will each receive one (1) swag bag containing merchandising items related to The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. ARV of the Runner-Up Prizes: $50.00 each.
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES: $3,550.00
Only one (1) prize per person per household per email address will be awarded. Channel One reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prizes represent a good faith determination by Channel One, and such determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize(s) turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Channel One makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Channel One will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
5. Winner Selection: Each winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected on or about November 11, 2013 from among all eligible entries in a random drawing to be conducted by Channel One’s designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by email on or about the date of selection and must accept their prize within three (3) business days of notification by either email or telephone as directed by Channel One. The potential prize winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). If a winner is not of legal age of majority in his or her state of residence (a “minor”), at Sponsor’s option, the applicable prize either will be awarded to the minor or the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Such parent or legal guardian of a minor will be required to ratify and sign the Prize Claim Documents. Guests at the Screening (and if such guest is a minor, together with such minor’s parent or legal guardian) may also be required to sign a release of liability. If a winner (or such winner’s parent or legal guardian) does not return completed Prize Claim Documents within five (5) days of receipt (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entrants. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Channel One. Channel One is not responsible, and may disqualify an entrant, if the entrant’s email does not work or if entrant’s email or street address, as applicable, is changed after entry. Upon receipt of the Prize Claim Documents and winner verification and confirmation in Channel One’s sole discretion, a potential Grand Prize Winner will be designated the Grand Prize winner.
6. Privacy: All entrants acknowledge that if they are chosen as a winner, certain of their personally identifying information may be disclosed to third parties, at least as required by law, including, without limitation, on a winner’s list. Sponsor will not share any of the personally identifiable information collected from the Sweepstakes entrants with any third party except solely for purposes related to the fulfillment and delivery of prizing to be awarded in the Sweepstakes or with a particular Sweepstakes Entity if entrants have expressly opted-in to receiving promotional email communications from that particular Sweepstakes Entity.
7. General Conditions: There is no purchase required to participate. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the state of New York. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrant agrees that: a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the State of New York; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New York, for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Sweepstakes is not to be used in connection with any form of gambling. Prizes will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the 48 contiguous United States and shall not be delivered to any P.O. Boxes. All taxes, fees, surcharges, and any costs/expenses not explicitly set forth as Channel One’s responsibility are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If a prize is forfeited, an additional drawing at random from among all eligible entries will be made to determine a winner. If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available without further liability to the Sweepstakes Entities. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. Neither Channel One nor any of the Sweepstakes Entities are responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
By participating, entrants and winners and their respective parents and legal guardians (if minors) agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
The Sweepstakes Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property in connection with the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded. Channel One does not make any representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. No lost or stolen prize items will be replaced by Channel One.
8. Conduct: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants and/or their parents or legal guardians (if they are a minor) agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at the Sweepstakes Site throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of Channel One, which are final and binding in all respects. Channel One reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes Site or any website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CHANNEL ONE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Sweepstakes Entities are not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Channel One which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Channel One reserves the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the “authorized account holder” of the email address submitted at the time of registration. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses (e.g., business, education institution, etc.), for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Channel One with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Channel One’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
10. Winner’s List: To obtain a mailed copy of the winner’s list or a copy of the Official Rules by mail, send the applicable request and a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to Channel One at THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE MOVIE SCREENING SWEEPSTAKES, c/o Channel One, LLC at 345 7th Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10001 New York, NY 10001. Request must be received no later than December 10, 2013 for the name of the winner and by November 1, 2013 for a copy of the Official Rules. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
11. Sponsor: Channel One, LLC at 345 7th Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
SUBWAY® is a registered trademark of Doctor’s Associates, Inc. All rights reserved. Other trademarks are owned by their respective owners.
Motion Picture Artwork TM & © 2013 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.