SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Newly released video shows a small plane piloted by Harrison Ford flying low over an airliner with 116 people aboard moments before he mistakenly landed on a taxiway at a Southern California airport.

Authorities have not said how much distance separated the two planes, but Ford’s aircraft came close enough that its shadow distinctly passed over the jet last week at John Wayne Airport in Orange County.

The 74-year-old actor was told to land his single-engine plane on Runway 20L, but he instead landed on a parallel taxiway on Feb. 13.

The video released Tuesday shows the incident from different angles.

In one, Ford’s Aviat Husky plane is seen from behind as it descends toward the airfield where an American Airlines Boeing 737 is slowly taxiing. The sky beyond the airport is bright white and the flyover is barely visible.

Another angle shows Ford’s plane emerge from the right side of the frame, flying low over the airliner and casting its shadow across the fuselage of the bigger plane before landing on the taxiway a few seconds later.

“Was that airliner meant to be underneath me?” Ford was heard saying on an air traffic control recording, according to NBC.

No reason has been given for why Ford made the mistake, and his publicist has not replied to requests for comment.

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating.

American Airlines Flight 1456, with 110 passengers and six crew members aboard, departed safely for Dallas a few minutes later.

Ford collects vintage planes and has a long and good record as an aviator.

But he has had several close calls and a serious accident in March 2015 when he was injured in his World War II-era trainer. It crashed on a Los Angeles golf course after engine failure.

———

This story has been corrected to show that 116 people were aboard the airliner, not 110.

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — A civil rights group and officials at Old Dominion University are condemning a racist video that was circulating online until YouTube removed it.

The Virginian-Pilot reports (http://bit.ly/2kWt5e6 ) that the video shows a white woman in an ODU sweatshirt using expletives and racial slurs in a rap rant against black people. The video is titled “White Gal – White Power.”

YouTube posted on its website that the video had been removed Tuesday morning for violating the site’s policy on hate speech.

ODU President John Broderick said in a statement that the “vile video” represents an act of hate and intolerance.

Matt Thomas, spokesman for the ODU NAACP, told The Virginia-Pilot that the video was even more offensive because it was posted during Black History month.

———

Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com

CHICAGO (AP) — Four black people charged with a hate crime in an attack on a white mentally disabled man that was shown live on Facebook have pleaded not guilty.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports (http://bit.ly/2lz7Hxb) that assistant public defenders for each of the four entered the pleas on Friday. They have been in custody since early January. At their first hearing, a judge called them a danger to society and refused to allow them to post bail.

The case gained international attention because the attack was captured by a cellphone camera and shown on Facebook Live. On the video, the suspects are seen beating the schizophrenic victim and can be heard taunting him and shouting profanities against white people and then-President-elect Donald Trump.

The four also face aggravated kidnapping and other charges.

ATLANTA (AP) — Video gamers now have a chance to compete for an NBA title, in an actual NBA arena and get paid by the some of the same people who pay LeBron James and Steph Curry.

That’s right, the “NBA 2K eLeague” is coming — the first eSports league operated by one of the four major pro sports leagues in the United States.

The NBA and Take-Two Interactive Software announced early Thursday morning that they are bringing some of the world’s best gamers together to compete while representing actual NBA teams, a competition Commissioner Adam Silver hopes will continue to expand his league’s global brand.

“The large part of my mission is to grow the game of basketball,” Silver told The Associated Press. “There’s going to be an opportunity for this first of a kind league to attract a group of gamers who might be playing some other game. Now, they can say ‘Maybe I couldn’t play for the Knicks, because I didn’t have the physical prowess to compete at that level. But I do have the mental and physical prowess to compete as an egamer for the eKnicks.'”

“NBA 2K eLeague” is scheduled to debut in 2018. The league will start with nearly half of the NBA teams — Silver did not say which teams, but noted that eventually all 30 NBA teams will be represented. Each NBA owner is being given the opportunity to build teams at their own pace.

“The idea sounds amazing,” said Stephon Johnson, an Atlanta native and frequent online video game player who attends Grambling State University. “Combining NBA 2K gamers with the actual the NBA would be awesome. A lot of us gamers had once dreamt of playing in the NBA.”

Gamers will be chosen through a recruiting process by NBA teams and Take-Two. They’ll go through a virtual version of a combine and be selected in a draft, which Silver says will either be televised or streamed online.

Each NBA franchise will select five gamers to represent its team.

From there, the team of gamers will play in a regular season, advance to a playoff and the top teams will compete for a championship, which most likely will take place at an NBA arena, Silver said.

“We want to make this as real as possible,” said Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Take-Two, the parent company of 2K games. He said there will be a cash prize for the winner similar to some of the past NBA 2K tournaments that awarded a $250,000 grand prize.

Silver said his avatar will present the championship trophy to the winner.

The idea to create the video game league morphed out of the success of the “NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals” video game competition before the NBA championship last year.

Zelnick said there were more than two million matches at the tournament hosted by Indiana Pacers star Paul George. The Take-Two CEO said NBA teams could train selected gamers, who will use their own consoles.

“People already have their own consoles and computers,” he said. “I do think that teams will be fully engaged with training players. That could mean providing gear, but it won’t be a very significant investment.”

Though it could pay significant marketing dividends. There are similar soccer leagues in Europe for gamers.

Ryan McCaffrey, an executive editor at the entertainment media company IGN, said the NBA’s joint venture is a smart move.

“There are risks, but if this does work, this will pay off enormously,” McCaffrey said. “Not necessarily for the financial in the short term, but more of the longevity and health of the NBA and brand with retaining that young audience. I think them tying the eLeague to the actual NBA teams is brilliant.”

———

Online:

www.take2games.com

www.2k.com

————

Follow Jonathan Landrum Jr. on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/mrlandrum

What’s in a name? Some sources — such as the U.S. Government — call Myanmar by its former name, Burma. Others — such as many journalists — use Myanmar. Review this Channel One News Explainer to explore the issue further.

For Teachers

Consider the issue of name choice—Myanmar or Burma—in the context of Media Literacy. The choice of name can tell readers something about the author’s point of view. Have students meet in small groups to discuss the following:

  • Why does the government of Myanmar prefer the country’s new name?
  • Why do many governments officially use the old name, Burma?
  • The Associated Press and most other U.S. news outlets say Myanmar. Why would they make that decision?
  • The advocacy group Human Rights Watch uses Burma. Why do you think this type of advocacy group chooses that name?
  • Which name do you think journalists and other countries should use? Why?

Subscribers get access to daily lesson plans, including Media Literacy activities like the one above. Learn more about becoming a subscriber.

RANCHOS PALOS VERDES, Calif. (AP) — Hillary Clinton says “the future is female” in a new video statement.

The former Democratic presidential nominee cites as an example the millions of demonstrators who took part in last month’s Women’s March.

The video was made for the MAKERS Conference, a California gathering focused on women’s leadership.

She says the world needs “strong women to step up and speak out.” She asks conference attendees to set an example for women and girls who are “worried about what the future holds” and whether women’s “rights, opportunities and values will endure.”

The three-day MAKERS Conference began Monday and includes other high-profile speakers from politics, Hollywood and business.