Channel One Daily News Quiz:
1. What is the United States continuing to do while Congress debates the war powers request?
a. launching airstrikes
b. sending in ground troops
c. requesting more war powers
d. docking ships in Syrian ports
2. Which group has a large network in Yemen?
b. Al Qaeda
c. Boko Haram
d. Ukraine rebel soldiers
3. What did Williams say that was a misrepresentation?
a. He said he was covering a war.
b. He said he was reporting from Iraq.
c. He said he was travelling with an NBC news team.
d. He said he was in a helicopter that was shot down.
4. What did the League discover during its investigation?
a. The team used a fake boundary map for recruiting players.
b. The team included players who were older than the age limit.
c. The team used bats and baseballs that had been tampered with.
d. The team hired coaches who were ineligible according to League rules.
5. Which detail from the story best conveys Principal Lopez’s hopes for educating young people?
a. “When we get in trouble, she doesn’t suspend us.”
b. “They’re always looking at the negative before they see the positive about this community..”
c. “I wanted them to be able to know that they can aspire to be great individuals.”
d. “Their story even earned a trip to the White House.”
1. a; 2. b; 3. d; 4. a; 5. c