Channel One Daily News Quiz:
1. Based on information in the segment, what is one reason that Mars no longer has flowing rivers?
a. Its climate changed.
b. Its shield thickened.
c. Its winds died down.
d. Its magnetic field intensified.
2. Why did the segment include the following detail?
“It took over a decade to complete.”
a. to convey the thoroughness of the survey
b. to explain why the survey was conducted
c. to show why black millennials are positive about politics
d. to explain why the survey results were not released earlier
3. Based on information in the segment, which statement is true?
a. Tourists in Egypt were already planning on avoiding air travel.
b. Russian search teams have determined the cause of the crash.
d. U.S. intelligence officials think that grounding the flights was wise.
c. British officials are exercising caution in attempting to protect lives.
4. What is the controversy over some of the military tributes at sporting events?
a. The fans do not focus on them.
b. The government pays for them.
c. The sports teams want more playing time.
d. The military wants more control over them.
5. What sort of technology does the Identity Check app use?
a. iris recognition
b. fingerprint scan
c. odor recognition
d. facial recognition
1. a; 2. a; 3. d; 4. b; 5. d