Channel One Daily News Quiz:
1. Based on information in the segment, what can you infer is a sign that the economy is doing well?
a. Interest rates go up.
b. Interest rates go down.
c. Interest rates remain the same.
d. Interest rates change wildly on an hourly basis.
2. What do prosecutors now have to decide?
a. whether to seek a new trial
b. who the arresting officer was
c. how many stops the police van made
d. what role Porter had in Freddie Gray’s death
3. Based on information in the segment, what can you infer would be an effect if gas prices had gone up?
a. Holiday travel would go down.
b. Holiday travel would go up even more.
c. Holiday travel would remain the same, but more people would fly.
d. Holiday travel would remain the same, but more people would drive.
4. Who would most likely be chosen by NASA for the astronaut program?
a. a math teacher who can build a computer
b. a biology student who speaks three languages
c. an astronomer who wrote three bestselling books
d. an engineer who has piloted a jet for the U.S. military
5. How old is the art of glassblowing?
a. It is about 200 years old.
b. It is about 2,000 years old.
c. It is about 4,000 years old.
d. No one knows.
1. a; 2. a; 3. a; 4. d; 5. b