Channel One Daily News Quiz:
1. What shut down much of South Carolina?
c. high winds
d. fallen trees
2. Which detail from the segment best supports the idea that the cargo ship may have sunk?
a. “The ship was lost in the ocean just as Hurricane Joaquin rolled through.”
b. “The last time the crew sent a distress signal was Thursday morning.”
c. “The vessel had taken on water and lost power.”
d. “The winds were punching in at 130-miles-per-hour.”
3. What is the official reason for the U.S. airstrikes?
a. The hospital was under attack.
b. Terrorists were hiding in the hospital.
c. U.S. soldiers were pulling out of Kunduz.
d. Taliban fighters were firing on U.S. soldiers.
4. What is the most likely reason the segment includes the following detail?
“Shootings that attract media attention increase the chances that others will occur within two weeks.”
a. to support the claim that mass shootings are contagious
b. to explain why the sheriff refuses to use the gunman’s name
c. to convey why the shooting took place at a community college
d. to clarify certain comments the shooter made on his social media accounts
5. Which of the following statements is supported by the segment about the movie “The Martian”?
a. Matt Damon will actually travel to Mars.
b. The movie “The Martian” is based on a true story.
c. The windstorm in the movie “The Martian” could actually happen.
d. The details in the movie “The Martian” are based on how NASA does things now.
1. a; 2. c; 3. d; 4. a; 5. d