Channel One Daily News Quiz:
1. What has been a major contributor to the severity of the wildfires?
a. years of drought
b. a lack of firefighters
c. carelessness with campfires
d. new buildings built with wood
2. Which of the following is the most likely outcome based on the change to the FAFSA process?
a. A student decides to major in biology.
b. A student decides to go to a less expensive college.
c. A student decides to apply to 10 additional colleges.
d. A student decides to take both the SATs and the ACTs.
3. Which country does the segment imply is being the most restrictive about letting in migrants?
4. How many migrants died trying to cross the Mediterranean in 2015?
a. about 100
b. about 1,000
c. about 2,000
d. more than 2,500
5. Which quality best allows the slinky to work as a part in a seismometer?
a. It is round.
b. It feels smooth.
c. It shakes easily.
d. It is made of metal.
1. a; 2. b; 3. c; 4. d; 5. c