MIAMI (AP) — The downtown Miami Police Department headquarters was evacuated because of a suspicious package that investigators quickly found contained no explosives.

The all-clear was given Tuesday less than two hours after the package was spotted outside the building about 10 a.m.

The department tweeted out images of bomb squad members handling the situation and a video of a controlled explosion that officers used to neutralize the package.

The Miami Police Department employs about 1,600 sworn officers and civilian personnel.

KUWAIT CITY (AP) — A lawyer for Kuwaiti sports powerbroker Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah says the country’s supreme court has upheld a lower court ruling clearing him of violating a gag order in a case about an alleged coup.

Lawyer Ali al-Rasheedi told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the supreme court upheld an appeals court decision in January overturning a six-month prison sentence issued against the ruling family member late Monday.

Sheikh Ahmad heads the Association of National Olympic Committees and sits on FIFA’s executive committee.

He was initially convicted in December of disobeying a gag order by discussing a video involving a purported plot to overthrow the government. He had earlier apologized on state television, saying he was “misinformed” about the plot.

MALIBU, Calif. (AP) — Dr. Dre has been cited after a man says the rapper pointed a handgun at him.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says the man told them he was parked outside a Malibu, California, home when Dre ordered him to leave and showed a gun.

Dre, whose real name is Andre Young, told sheriff’s deputies he didn’t have a gun and that the man was blocking his driveway. He says the man moved his car but parked nearby. He says the man drove off after Dre recorded video of him.

Dre was briefly handcuffed while deputies investigated. No weapon was found at the scene, but deputies say the man initiated a citizen’s arrest for misdemeanor brandishing a firearm.

A representative for Dre didn’t immediately return a request for comment.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Veterans’ organizations have reached out to help a Korean War-era veteran who authorities say was held hostage in a motel room for four years by a man who stole his benefit checks.

Groups in New York, Ohio and Virginia have offered assistance to David McLellan, an 81-year-old Navy veteran and retired auto plant worker, said Highlands police Detective Joseph Cornetta.

Last week, police arrested 43-year-old Perry Coniglio at the motel where both men lived and charged him with grand larceny, menacing and endangering the welfare of an incompetent person.

Coniglio used “brute force and intimidation” to get McLellan to hand over monthly Ford Motor Co. pension and Social Security checks totaling several thousand dollars, police said. He also is accused of selling McLellan’s vehicle and keeping the proceeds after telling the buyers that he was the older man’s guardian.

Coniglio remained in the county jail on $15,000 bail Monday. Messages seeking comment on the accusations against him were left for his Legal Aid Society attorney.

Police said the thefts began soon after McLellan, who has no known relatives, moved out of his condemned house in nearby Fort Montgomery in 2012 and rented a room at the U.S. Academy Motel in Highlands, about 50 miles north of New York City. McLellan was already showing signs of dementia when he moved, the detective said, and Coniglio “immediately sized up the victim” upon renting a room next door to him.

When police raided the $200-a-week motel on July 19, they asked McLellan how long he had been living there. His response: “About four days.”

“He said that to me over and over again,” Cornetta said.

The detective said the initial investigation began earlier this month as a financial crimes probe after someone tipped him off that McLellan’s monthly benefits checks were being stolen. When someone provided video showing the older man being threatened by a stick-wielding Coniglio outside his room, officers working out of the town police station located next door to the motel arrested him, Cornetta said.

McClellan’s room was dirty and cluttered, and he likely hadn’t bathed in months when police arrested Coniglio, Cornetta said. Initial reports said McLellan was a Marine Corps veteran, but Cornetta said he served in the Navy as a corpsman, or medic, in the early 1950s. As a corpsman McLellan would have served with Marine units.

McLellan remained hospitalized Monday and is now under the care of Orange County Veterans Services, Cornetta said. Veterans groups wishing to help McLellan are being referred to the agency.

A county spokesman said state law prevents him from commenting on what services McLellan is receiving. But he said typical services in such circumstances could include food, shelter and counseling.

Former Marine Augustino von Hassell of New York City said he was seeking to help McLellan and hopes eventually “to find him a place where he can live in dignity.”

“All I’m trying to do is help a fellow veteran any way I can,” von Hassel said.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Severe storms with lightning, heavy rain and strong winds rolled through Philadelphia during the Democratic convention Monday night, leading city officials to urge political protesters and rally attendees to seek shelter and organizers to recommend that media members evacuate a tent outside the arena.

The Philadelphia Office of Emergency Management urged those in FDR Park to seek shelter beneath an interstate underpass after the National Weather Service issued a severe thunderstorm and flash flood warning for the city.

The park near the Wells Fargo Center is one of the main protest sites and was filled with both Bernie Sanders supporters and those listening to Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein when the storm hit.

Protesters largely scattered as rain pelted the crowds gathered outside the arena. While dozens of Sanders supporters stood firm as delegate busses drove past the fences and they continued their chants of “Shut them down!” others ran for shelter.

Organizers also recommended that media members evacuate a tent in the parking lot of the Wells Fargo Center, saying that it was not designed “to fully protect inhabitants in the event of a direct lightning strike.”

Video posted by members of the media showed the roof of the temporary tent swaying and water pouring in.

MIAMI (AP) — A former ballet dancer and member of the Russian military who has been imprisoned as an enemy combatant at Guantanamo for nearly 14 years was given notice Monday that a review board has approved his release from the U.S. base in Cuba.

Ravil Mingazov was deemed eligible for release by the Periodic Review Board, an interagency task force set up by the Obama administration to evaluate whether prisoners not facing charges can be released without endangering U.S. security. He is the last Russian citizen still held at Guantanamo.

A statement announcing the decision was posted on the board’s website, and Mingazov’s lawyers said they notified him by video-teleconference from their office in Washington to the base in Cuba. The Russian planned a celebratory dinner with other prisoners at Guantanamo, said attorney Gary Thompson of the global firm Reed, Smith LLP.

“It was emotional. We are still just in a state of disbelief,” Thompson said. “It’s been 14 years that Ravil has been imprisoned without charges. It’s an amazing day.”

Authorities accused of Mingazov, 48, of fighting with the Taliban against the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan. A Pentagon profile released before a review board hearing in June said he also was believed to have links to an Islamic group in Uzbekistan with ties to al-Qaida. He was captured in Pakistan at a safe house associated with Abu Zubaydah, a “facilitator” for the terrorist organization who is also detained in Guantanamo.

Mingazov, who denied any involvement in terrorism, was never charged with a crime. The board said in announcing its decision that it had “some concern with the detainee’s failure to demonstrate sufficient candor” about activities before he was detained but nevertheless determined he did not pose such a risk that he needed to be detained. It said he had been a “low-level fighter.”

His lawyers have asked the government to resettle him in Nottingham, England, where his son and ex-wife live under political asylum. The review board statement did not say where Mingazov would be sent or when he would be released. Britain most recently accepted a Guantanamo prisoner in October with the release of Shaker Aamer, a Saudi citizen who was a resident of Britain before his capture.

The U.S. has held about nine Russian citizens at Guantanamo since it opened in January 2002. The Russian government has criticized Mingazov’s confinement and said he should be returned to his homeland. But the Pentagon profile says he does not want to return to Russia, possibly because he fears facing criminal charges there. Mingazov has told officials he left Russia because of the treatment of Muslims there.

Mingazov “maintains a strong disdain for the Russian government and does not want to be repatriated, claiming his treatment in Guantanamo is better than the treatment he received in Russia,” the document says.

The U.S. holds 76 prisoners at Guantanamo, including 32 who have been approved for release and transfer. Officials have said they intend to release most of those cleared by the end of summer.