Curriculum in Your School
Channel One News provides educators with a perfect source of nonfiction content that supports multiple disciplines:
- helping to improve reading comprehension for Language Art students
- sparking classroom and at-home discussions on current events for Social Studies students
- showcasing the latest technology for STEM classes
Subscribe to the Channel One News Curriculum and Video Library and get more resources to integrate the daily news into your classroom.
Watch this video to learn more:
A subscription to the Channel One News Curriculum and Video Library includes:
- Daily newscast with two editions: Grades 3-5 and Grades 6-12, both in an ad-free environment
- Archive of the past four daily newscasts in their entirety
- Associated curriculum aligned to standards and presented alongside the daily newscast. Each newscast’s curriculum includes discussion questions, vocabulary and quiz questions, as well as a deeper-dive instructional routine for one feature story each day
- Searchable video library of more than 3,000 Channel One News’ video segments (many with curriculum), along with 2,000+ transcripts. You can search by content area, grade and keywords to find multimedia content and multimodal instructional routines perfect for creating customized lesson plans or using with students for age-appropriate research
Our standards-aligned Instructional Routine features:
- Extend: Engaging timelines and slideshows extend the concepts introduced in the video segment and support differentiated instruction using images and text.
- Write: The writing prompts focus on nonfiction and expository writing, which helps students practice a variety of explanatory, argumentative and narrative writing types.
- Assess: Students are asked to complete short, formative assessments to showcase their understanding and to help inform teachers’ ongoing instruction.