1. What caused the massive landslide in Colombia?
b. falling rocks
c. uprooted trees
d. vibrations from alarms
2. What did Russian police find hours after the explosion in St. Petersburg?
a. the people who planned the explosion
b. an explosive in another subway station
c. a message from the people who planned the explosion
d. a cellphone left behind by someone who planned the explosion
3. What’s the first step you should take to reduce anxiety?
a. get regular exercise
b. practice mindful meditation
c. identify what’s causing you to stress out
d. try slowing your breathing when you feel panicky
4. In what way was World War I different from previous wars?
a. The soldiers were forced to join an international alliance.
b. The war was fought completely on foreign soil.
c. The United States was hesitant to join the fighting.
d. The weapons used were more powerful.
5. What is one reason the manatee population has grown?
a. increases in tourism
b. changes in weather patterns
c. protections from fishing hazards
d. improvements in technology that tracks populations