1. Why did some airlines ban hoverboards??
a. They fear that the hoverboards might cause a fire.
b. They worry that hoverboards add unnecessary weight.
c. They believe that hoverboards will take up too much room.
d. They think that hoverboards will slow the boarding process.
2. Which detail most credibly suggests that the U.S. cosmetics industry may need greater regulation?
a. “It’s because of the addition of more chemicals: chemicals for staying power, chemicals for shine.”
b. “The European Union bans more than 1,000 chemicals from personal care products. Of those, the United States bans 11.”
c. “The beauty industry is the last industry that has been forced to truly clean up its act.”
d. “To find out that those ingredients were not safe for my health was incredibly disappointing.”
3. What is the purpose of the drone registry?
a. to raise taxes
b. to avoid collisions
c. to unite drone owners
d. to encourage drone ownership
4. Who would most likely be chosen by NASA for the astronaut program?
a. a math teacher who can build a computer
b. a biology student who speaks three languages
c. an astronomer who wrote three bestselling books
d. an engineer who has piloted a jet for the U.S. military
5. How long does a rented Christmas tree typically live?
a. about 10 years
b. about 10 years longer than a harvested Christmas tree
c. about 50 years
d. about 100 years