1. What did first lady Michelle Obama say during her farewell speech?
a. “I hope to see you again.”
b. “I hope I made you proud.”
c. “I hope this event continues next year.”
d. “I hope more people become school counselors.”
2. How is rain causing problems in California and Nevada?
a. It is pooling over farmlands, destroying crops.
b. It is freezing as it hits roads, causing many accidents.
c. It is melting snow, which is causing floods and mudslides.
d. It is freezing and turning into hail as it falls, damaging cars.
3. Based on details in his farewell speech, what does President Obama believe is a powerful force for political change?
a. the efforts of citizens
b. the effects of an economic recession
c. the appreciation people have for their family
d. the pride one takes in recent accomplishments
4. Which statement correctly summarizes the reports on Colorado and Washington?
a. Data are still being collected for both reports, and no conclusions have been released.
b. The two reports gave conflicting information about the impact on youth of legalizing marijuana.
c. Both reports showed that legalizing marijuana had no impact on youth perception of marijuana.
d. Both reports showed that legalizing marijuana had a strong impact on youth perception of marijuana.
5. Which of the following statements is true for children who grow up in Habitat for Humanity homes?
a. They usually volunteer for Habitat for Humanity as adults.
b. They have higher grades than other students in their class.
c. They are more likely to attend college than their peers.
d. They often have behavioral or emotional problems.