1. What prompted the protests in Iran?
a. religious rule
b. economic issues
c. political concerns
d. foreign involvement in government
2. How does Tethys detect lead?
a. It changes the color of the water.
b. It recognizes gamma rays in water.
c. It collects a sample of water to send to a lab.
d. It uses carbon molecules and a mobile app.
3. According to some experts, how has the Iranian government responded to the protests?
a. by making changes to policy
b. by staging its own protests
c. by meeting with protest leaders
d. by reaching out to the United Nations
4. What could cause coffee prices to go up?
a. more sunshine than usual
b. adding ice to coffee drinks
c. coffee becoming a morning drink
d. coffee farms becoming family-owned
5. Which piece of evidence shows that reading can help build compassion, or sympathy for the suffering of others?
a. In one study, people who couldn’t read couldn’t name geometric shapes.
b. Brain scans showed that reading strengthened connections in the left temporal cortex.
c. People who can’t read don’t know that bears can be different colors.
d. Brain scans showed that reading creates new white matter.