1. What was Nancy Reagan’s signature policy issue when she was first lady?
a. heart health
b. Hollywood films
c. the war on drugs
d. Alzheimer’s disease
2. What is one reason for the increase in drug overdoses throughout the United States?
a. lack of proper treatment for addicts
b. promoting drug use on social media
c. stronger, more dangerous forms of drugs
d. use of drugs that shut down the brain’s neurotransmitters
3. Which country incarcerates more of its people than any other country in the world?
b. North Korea
c. Saudi Arabia
d. the United States of America
4. Why does the temperature drop during a total solar eclipse?
a. The celestial event is rare.
b. Solar storm waves reach Earth.
c. The moon blocks the sun’s rays.
d. Animals return to their nests to hide.
5. How do the self-cleaning jeans resist stains?
a. The silver thread lets liquids slide off easily.
b. The surface has peaks, so liquids slide off easily.
c. The thread is made of plastic, so liquids cannot adhere to the fabric.
d. The thread is dipped into a chemical, which binds with liquids so they can be wiped off.