1. What evidence supports the claim that the Democratic Party is at its lowest point of power in about 100 years?
a. no evidence
b. details about elections lost
c. quotations from unhappy Democrats
d. stories about why people voted Republican
2. What warning was given about teen marijuana use in recent study?
a. It can lead to other drug use.
b. It can interfere with medical treatments.
c. It can negatively affect brain development.
d. It can cause problems with family members.
3. What roles does the U.S. Constitution currently play in our government’s system of checks and balances?
a. The executive branch can create a new constitutional amendment, overriding any law passed by the legislative branch.
b. The legislative branch can overturn an executive or judicial order if it is not clearly supported by the U.S. Constitution.
c. The judicial branch can cancel an act of legislature or executive order by declaring it unconstitutional.
d. The executive and legislative branches use the Constitution to evaluate and enact new laws.
4. What did people like about President Trump’s speech?
a. his tone
b. his promises
c. his policy points
d. his hand gestures
5. Which one of these Carnegie Hall performers was not a musician?
a. Ella Fitzgerald
b. Richard Stoltzman
c. Charlie Parker
d. Woodrow Wilson