1. According to Secretary of State Pompeo, which relationship has never been stronger?
a. the United States’ relationship with NATO
b. the United States’ relationship with Israel
c. the United States’ relationship with Belgium
d. the United States’ relationship with Saudi Arabia
2. How many high-caffeine beverages per day does the American Medical Association recommend for young people?
a. zero high-caffeine beverages a day
b. two high-caffeine beverages a day
c. four high-caffeine beverages a day
d. five high-caffeine beverages a day
3. According to population scientist Raywat Deonandan, how will population growth most likely change in the future?
a. As technology advances, populations will continue to increase around the world.
b. Impoverished countries will not be able to support their growing populations.
c. Wealthy nations will continue to experience tremendous population growth.
d. The population will start to decline sometime this century.
4. What quality does President Trump focus on for why Ms. Manning was named National Teacher of the Year?
a. her devotion to educating her students
b. her talent in creating interesting lesson plans
c. her expertise in helping students become strong public speakers
d. her ability to coordinate support from people throughout the district
5. Who argues for defining a food item as “meat” by its composition rather than its origin?
a. the head of a grocery store
b. the U.S. Cattlemen’s Association
c. the U.S. Department of Agriculture
d. the CEO of a plant-based food company