1. What two unusual weather events took place this week?
a. a rain storm in a desert and a dry period in a tropical area
b. a tropical storm in an Arctic zone and an ice storm in a warm climate
c. strong winds in a normally still area and a high amount of rain in a dry area
d. a tornado in an area not known for tornadoes and a high amount of snow for the season in another area
2. What did Martin Luther most likely hope to accomplish by posting his theses on Wittenberg’s Castle Church doors?
a. He hoped to receive an indulgence from the pope to reduce the time his soul would spend in purgatory.
b. He hoped to raise enough money to build St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome, Italy.
c. He hoped to prompt discussion about some questionable religious practices.
d. He hoped to start a revolution and overthrow the government.
3. What do engineers need to accomplish in order for supersonic commercial air travel to become a reality?
a. They need to get the ban on supersonic flight over land lifted.
b. They need to figure out how to do aeronautic tricks with current jets.
c. They need to create a plane that can travel faster than the speed of light.
d. They need to create a plane that will have a low blast force when it travels faster than sound.
4. Which statement best describes Russia’s attitude in posting fake news and other content on U.S. social network sites?
a. Russia was bold and acted as if it would not get caught.
b. Russia was very cautious and posted little content to avoid being caught.
c. Russia posted lots of content but took every step to avoid getting caught.
d. Russia posted content in a short time frame to get everything up before getting caught.
5. How is the town of Lead, South Dakota, trying to save its economy?
a. by making copper and gold jewelry
b. by reusing its old gold mines as clean rooms for science experiments
c. by growing the world’s purest copper to sell on the market
d. by finding new places to mine gold