1. What was Columbus looking for when he landed in what is now the Bahamas?
a. a Viking settlement
b. a new route to Europe
c. a shortcut to China and India
d. a protected harbor in the Americas
2. Why did this year’s Hispanic Heritage Day Parade organizers select the theme of Family Unity?
a. to fight for the right of undocumented children to attend college in the United States
b. to show Hispanic countries that they are not alone in their recent struggles
c. to teach younger generations about the importance of Hispanic culture
d. to make a statement about new U.S. immigration and travel bans
3. What was the main goal of the Clean Power Plan?
a. to protect coal
b. to shift away from solar energy
c. to lower carbon emissions from power plants
d. to reduce climate change
4. What would most likely help keep populations healthier overall?
a. reduce youth obesity
b. increase funding for cancer research
c. level out obesity rates around the world
d. study people’s eating habits from the 1970s
5. What can cause students who bully to change their behavior for the better?
a. punishing students who bully
b. setting goals for improved behavior
c. putting adults in bullying “hot spots”
d. providing time for students to play video games