1. What is the Bill of Rights?
a. the original Constitution
b. the beginning of the Constitution
c. the way the Constitution was ratified
d. the first 10 amendments to the Constitution
2. What was a major focus at the United Nations General Assembly meetings?
b. North Korea
c. bold reform
d. problems with the United Nations
3. How is Hurricane Maria similar to Hurricane Irma?
a. Hurricane Maria is weak, like Irma.
b. Hurricane Maria is powerful, like Irma.
c. Hurricane Maria is hitting New England, like Irma.
d. Hurricane Maria is not expected to make landfall, like Irma.
4. Which sentence below best describes the difference between the Gall–Peters projection and the Mercator projection?
a. The Mercator projection shows size more accurately than the Gall–Peters projection.
b. The Gall–Peters projection is completely accurate, and the Mercator is not
c. The Gall–Peters projection shows size more accurately than the Mercator projection.
d. The Mercator projection is completely accurate, and the Gall–Peters is not.
5. How did Mount Everest get its name?
a. from the name of the land surveyor who saw that it was the tallest peak
b. from the Tibetan term for “Goddess of the Valley”
c. from the name of the first Sherpa to climb to the top
d. from the Nepali term for “Peak of Heaven”